Family Grouping 1 Team
Our Family Grouping 1 Team comprises of the Bushland and Gumnut Rooms, who both cater for up to 16 children from birth to 6 years of age.
The Family Grouping 1 Team has 7 educators who work collaboratively to achieve common goals and successful outcomes for their children. The Family Grouping 1 Team is also supported and guided by our Educational Leader and Nominated Supervisor. Together, they develop and deliver the emergent play based programs, based on the developmental needs, interests, abilities and experiences for each child in their groups.
The Bushland and Gumnut Rooms work closely together throughout the day, sharing their playground, bathroom and rooms in the mornings and afternoons. This gives the children opportunity to learn from and develop relationships with other children and educators, and to spend time in different environments, providing further opportunities to explore, learn and develop.
Family Grouping 1 Routine
- 6:30-7:30 Children Family Group in Bushland
- 7:30 Children play between both rooms (Gumnuts and Bushland)
- 7:30-9:00 Free play with activities
- 8:30-9:15 Breakfast/Morning Tea
- 9:15-11:15 Indoor/Outdoor play
- 11:15 Group Time
- 11:30 Lunch time
- 12:00 Children have sleep/ rest/ quiet play, depending on needs
- 12:30 Kinder children change over- 3 and 4 year olds move between Kinder and Family Grouping
- 12:00-3:00 Children move to activities from sleep/rest time
- 3:00 Afternoon Tea, Indoor/Outdoor program
- 3:30-5:00 Prepare children for home, depending on departure times
- 5:00- Late snack
- 5:30 Children join with Family Grouping 2
- 5:30-6:00 Kinders join with Family Grouping children
- 6:30 Centre closes
This routine is a guide only and is flexible, depending on the individual needs of each child within the group. Educators will work with families to ensure each child's routine as consistent as possible to the routine they have at home.
→ Family Grouping 2